Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nutshells

Trying to put my crazy week in the fewest words possible...
You do what you have to do, waiting for the A/C guy to come fix the condenser. Ahhhh ~

One benefit of having no ceiling in the bathroom is that we discovered a little problem in the roof ~ more like SKY shining through!  Many dollars later, five of these were fixed and we're water tight again!

Our bathroom was demolished...
The new tub is in, and we waited and waited and waited for the sheet rock man to arrive....
Making progress, but here's the fall out ~
Riley's all stressed out. Poor baby!

So, on the school front ~ I thought I was moving my class out to the prefab Learning Cottages but Divine Intervention happened and I get to keep my classroom.  My carpet is cleaned and I started moving back my desks, computers, cabinets, plants, and lamps.  I didn't get as much done as I wanted because of two days of professional development and one full day for our team leader meeting.  I have my work cut out for me next week.  I'm so excited to be in second grade again, continuing on what I worked so hard to build last year.  We have many new faces on our staff and are sadly saying good-bye to some dear teacher friends who are moving to new districts.  But I just know this year will be our very best ever!  


3 comments:

  1. The bathroom looks great! What's next?!? AND...I AM SOOO EXCITED you get to stay in your room. I was a little worried about you moving out there by yourself...what on earth if a tornado came...not safe at all. Glad you're surrounded by brick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the 'frig A/C!! Food and air in one fell swoop!! Love the skylight options....you truly are creative!! Wish I had been there this weekend for sister time....at least you have a double door "air conditioner" so we could have each had our own to stay cool!!
    Miss ya Gigi....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are an amazing woman to keep such a cheerful attitude!
    i hope all your projects exceed your expectations, and
    congratulations on getting to keep your classroom!

    ReplyDelete