Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Coming Together

I'm so close to being ready to start our new school year! And then I think of this and that ~ I realize there's still a lot to get done.

At the end of last school year {only 5 weeks ago!} I worked a few extra days organizing my "stuff".  Sooo glad I did!


 All the leveled readers are labeled and in order, ready to grab off the shelf.
My favorite children's books are categorized and bookmarked in alphabetical order by topic so it's an easy grab when we're ready to read them.
Don't worry, the students have their library center, too!
EF has brain-based classrooms ~  meaning that we use only colors from nature (there are a few exceptions), we use low lights and no florescent lights, soft music, and some yummy scent in the room.  No bright STUFF cluttering our classrooms!  Less is more.  ~ You also need to know that my room won't look this vacant in another couple of days :-).
 Not too sure about having such big table groups to start the year.  I need to think about that one again.

I think my room looks pretty good ~ I just have to personalize the table groups, put up my agenda and objectives, and a few "this and that's".

LOVE my Smartboard!  I have a map shower curtain I found at Tarjay a while back to cover it when we don't use it.  My kiddos just keep on learnin'.

Here's hoping for a fabulous ~ BEST year ever in second grade!

Happy Dreams!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in awe....and I love the way you allow me to be part of what you do like this....love it, Glor! Love the shower curtain gig!
    speaking of shower curtains.............looking good yet?? Love ya;Gigi....my heart misses you.....

    ReplyDelete