Monday, July 18, 2011

Gigi-Weekend with Ms. Harper

Finally it happened!  I've waited all my life for this!  A whole weekend of Gigi time!! Lindsey and Brian surprised me a few weeks ago by asking if I'd "consider" coming over and spending the weekend with the cutest little gal in the whole wide world...Uh... YES!  So here's how it rolled.

Thursday night, Lindsey came to Tulsa for the Reveal Party (did you read that post?) and stayed overnight so she, Harper and I could get an early start to An Affair of the Heart.  We LIVE for that show twice a year.  Love it!  And how cool was it that we know that Baby Girl Leonard is on her way so we could just buy a few little necessities for her.  So fun!

We got to Siloam Springs just in time for Brian to get off work and off they went to Branson!  Ms. Harper and I were on our own.  Yippee!!

We played in the pool for awhile because that's pretty much the BEST thing to do in 104 degrees, right?
                                   Getting ready for the plunge...

This is one remarkable little gal.  Harper told me "dak du" (thank you) for absolutely everything I did and my heart nearly burst ~ I love this girl!!  After our pool time and bath, we read books and danced until she got her blankie and went to sleep.

      Such a smiley girl in the morning!  We ate our waffles and blueberries and then headed out to Wal Mart to do a little shopping.

We played tea party and had so much fun.  She fed her Baby Kate and even Max got in on it  ~ until I had to rescue the dishes from his mouth...oops, he left a few little teeth marks.  
                                Harper got in the bucket and played.
What a great weekend.  Hopefully, that'll hold me for awhile until we get to plan another Gigi/Harper weekend.  I'm still loving it!

Happy Memories!

3 comments:

  1. Playing in a box huh? Remind me the things she likes to play with at Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have got to be having the time of your life! Between facebook and blogs i can keep up with all the precious growth and milestones of your family. Gloria, i think i only met your daughters one time when you were in Berne By following facebook and blogs i feel like i know them and can finaly put a face to a name. You and David have done a great job raising your daughters. Very blessed. Susie Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susie ~ If FB has done anything, it's drawn family much closer. Thanks for your comments. God is so good to all of us!
    How's Barry and Cory doing? ~ and YOU?

    ReplyDelete