Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Numbers Change Everything

It's that time of year when I have to get my cholesterol checked again ~ and I did.  I don't like what the numbers told me.

My cholesterol is higher than it's ever been.  BUMMER! I am on an ultra-strict diet for 6 weeks and have to step it up a BIG notch with my exercise routine.  Then I have to be rechecked and if my numbers aren't down in the "safe" range, I have to go on those dreaded drugs.  

I. DO. NOT. WANT. THEM.

So why am I blogging about THIS?  Because I think if I tell someone, it'll keep me accountable.  

IS ANYONE OUT THERE READING THIS???

The irony is the diet I'm supposed to start eating ~ It's basically what I'm eating now. Lots of fruits and vegetables, multi-grains, low to no fat dairy, very few eggs (I like Eggbeaters anyhow), no beef (HA!  I don't really like beef!!), a little chicken and anything that lives in the sea. 

Seriously, that pretty much sums up how I eat anyhow.  With one exception.  And this is a LIFE-CHANGING exception that I have to cut out.  NOW.

Mexican food is off the menu for awhile.  :-(
Queso and chips = GONE
Margaritas = GONE

So here's to a healthier lifestyle.  I have exactly 6 weeks to get my cholesterol down at least 40 points.  
I CAN DO IT.  
I need YOU to remind me, encourage me, FORCE me to stay on track.

Happy Losing to Me!



3 comments:

  1. No Mexican...WHAT?!??! This is crazy to me...you eat healthier than any person I've ever met! Even when we eat mexican you get like a veggie taco salad with no meat. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it Glory.......No more smoking! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaa ~ Kimmie you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete