Saturday, October 1, 2011

A+ Kiddos

My goal in school is to figure out how to get information into the heads of my kiddos and make it stick in a fun way.  My goal isn't really the fun, it's the "stick" part.  But if I can accomplish both, I've succeeded.  

A few years ago at an A+ Convention, I learned how torn art can be used to show that a child comprehends the objective.  The children think they're having fun with art while I can check for understanding.  It's a win-win for everyone.

We've been learning about natural land forms on the earth.  We've read about them, watched fun videos about them, and then got to create our own.  


The best part was making those 8 landforms with torn art.  The loved it!  It's always so interesting to see their developmental stages through art.   "Space" takes on a whole new meaning!

And in Math, we've been measuring everything we can put our fingers on.  We've been using our rulers, centimeter sticks, cubes, scales, and measuring cups.  One of their favorite activities during Math Stations is the measurement tub.  It's so "hands-on"-ish. 

The one measurement that they probably learned the quickest was capacity.  We made Capacity People. They were able to chant the equivalents so fast because they remembered every part of their own little person.  Love it!

Next week is my TEI observation.  Here's hoping that it'll go great!  I'll let you know!

Happy Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment