Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet the Teacher

I love teaching!  

I work at the best elementary school in the whole wide world!  Every student in my school recites that every day and truly knows it to be true!   I started teaching 16 years ago at an inner city school.  I really didn't think I was cut out for that hard of a school ~ first year almost did me in.  BUT!  I found out I could do it and do it well!! So here I am 16 years later thinking I'm so blessed to be able to teach the coolest kids anywhere.

After teaching 3 years of multiage Kindergarten/first grade and then 6 more years in first grade, I was asked to move to 3rd grade.  I have to tell you ~ I went kicking and screaming!  I didn't think I could teach those "big kids".  (I must have a "short" complex!)
Day #1 in 3rd grade convinced me ~ I LOVED IT!  Who wouldn't love cuteness like that?!  Plus they could already read, so that's half the battle, right?
This was my team in 3rd grade where I taught for 5 years.  We rocked!  But I broke away and decided to tame the 2nd graders to prepare them for 3rd.  Even though we don't teach together anymore, my heart will always be with our "team".  Maybe one day we'll get to reunite!


I knew I wanted to be a teacher in high school and majored in education in college, but somewhere along the way I strayed.  In the early 90's I went back to school and got my early childhood degree and have never regretted it. Two of my daughters are teachers, too!  How cool is that!

Happy Learning!

2 comments:

  1. Do you like your new blog design Gigi?? We can play around with it if you would like! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, but still want my old font back...is that possible?

    ReplyDelete