Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Almost Gigi Time Again!

I can't think of anything that has brought me more joy in life than being a Gigi to Ms. Harper.  I knew I'd love that little sweetie, but I had no idea how deep that love would be.  I remember when Lindsey and Brian told us we were going to be grandparents, it just felt surreal.  I was too young for that role (or so I thought) and didn't have a clue what it even meant.

But once I met that little bundle of love, my life changed forever.  Now I can't even imagine how empty my life must've been without her!! She is truly my little buddy and I love her with my entire heart.

And then came the news that Natalie and David were expecting their first baby.  Oh my gosh ~ Here we go again!  Now I had a reference point as to how much joy was about to come into our family.  It was almost overwhelming to think that we were going to be grandparents again!  What a blessing!

Then the realization that 10 hours of travel would separate me from my new grand baby set in and it was almost too much to think about.  I couldn't imagine being so far away from Harper.  I really look forward to our weekends together.  So how in the world will I handle being so far away from Baby #2?

It's been so different not being with Natalie as she went through most of her pregnancy.  I cherish the times we were together this past fall.  She is such a beautiful pregnant mama, inside and out.  I miss her and miss that I didn't get to be more of a part of her journey called pregnancy.

But now here we are ~ less than 2 days away from welcoming little Ella Kate into the world and into our family.  I'm excited beyond words and also a little melancholy because I know that the time with her will be shorter and we won't have that constant together time that I cherish so much with Harper.  Believe me, I will figure out creative ways to spend time with that little sweetie.  I just can't hardly wait to meet her!

So Friday is the big day.  December 9, 2011.  My heart is so full right now and I'm just quietly thanking God for the gift of one more precious child into our family.  I already know that I love her with my entire heart ~

Happy Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I'm overwhelmed by your heart that is overflowing with Gigi love....the words you wrote grabbed my very soul. Our entire family is so blessed and now we are about to get another piece of heaven!
    Be safe and get some sleep now! You wont want to miss even a minute ofntime while you are there!
    As you hold precious little Ella Kate in your arms, please kiss her for me and tell her how much great aunt Carol loves her already.
    Ella Kate is a very blessed little girl...beautiful parenta beyond belief, GiGi and Diddy that are second to none! Oh yeah... And Harper....yes, you are truly,truly blessed. I love you, Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carol! Beautifully said...and from one Mimi to one Gigi...grandchildren are the best! We thank God everyday for the gift of grandbabies! Have a wonderful time getting to know Miss Ella Kate! (As far as the distance...you do get creative! I found ways to see Cambria and Parker every month---from Iowa to Arizona!)

    ReplyDelete